advantages to wearing oversized sweaters:
- instant cute outfit with minimal effort
- it enhances the coziness when u drink hot beverages
- sweater paws are guaranteed to make u feel 43% more adorable
- u can unbutton ur jeans and no one will know
disadvantages to wearing oversized sweaters:
[Self Care When You Don’t Have the Spoons for Showering
1. Keep face wipes and deodorant by your bed. They’re easy and can make a huge difference in how you feel
2. Take sink showers. Washing your hair and face in the sink quickly works especially well if you’re a survivor having anxiety about being naked (yes, that’s totally normal)
3. Invest in a dry shampoo. You can use it in bed or sitting down on days when you can’t get up, it’s super easy, and it gets rid of oily hair really quickly
4. Use scented body lotion to make yourself smell nice- it’s grounding and makes you feel soft and clean without much effort
5. Air fresheners and scented candles can make your room smell nice and make you feel more fresh and together
6. Wear your favorite cozy clothes
7. Spray your favorite perfume on your clothes if you can’t handle changing out of pajamas
8. Sometimes if you use easy makeup products tinted lip balms can help you trick yourself into thinking you feel better]
These “no rinse” products, including the shampoo cap and the no-rinse shampoo and body wash, are also helpful:
They have both rinses/shampoos/washes which you dilute in warm water (and then use a washcloth to clean yourself) as well as wipes and the shower cap linked above which can be warmed up in the microwave.
I have moderately sensitive skin, and the shower cap and body wash we used for my partner after his surgery did not irritate my skin. YMMV, of course.
Reblogging because this could probably be useful for some folks who follow me. Plus a few are useful to me too. The scented candle thing is really nice, and I always derive comfort from my BPAL collection (to go with the #7 one).
this is important and relevant to my interests. probably my roommate too.
I should probably get some dry shampoo.
I’ve found that wet wipes make for easy sponge bathing and that really helps me feel cleaner when I can’t actually do the shower thing.
What? Why wouldn’t someone shower? Who needs a spoon to shower???
Serious answer: This is about people who have chronic diseases [think Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, etc.] - one might find themselves in so much physical pain or fatigue, that getting showered or dressed is EXTREMELY challenging or painful.
Spoons: references this story "Spoon Theory" - you should read it when you get a moment; it’s long but good. It allows those without a chronic disease to kind of understand how our energy will suddenly drop temporarily or just disappear after tackling some task that others may think is “no big deal”.
I hope no one chastises you for this; it’s a good question that everyone should understand.
Sorry for the long post on your dash, but this is important. (At least it is to me, and folks like me.)
That’s interesting. I always read this as a help for people who are chronically depressed and don’t have the energy to shower, dress, or even leave the bed.
(Source: demisnowflake, via language-escapes)
how can you not see ableism as a feminist issue
autistic girls, especially black autistic girls, are misdiagnosed and underdiagnosed because of the focus on white cis boys and how they present as autistic
disabled girls and women often have their consent violated, both in medical procedures and otherwise, our bodies and minds are often not considered are own and we are dismissed as not having the capacity to make our own decisions
on top of that many disabled girls are seen as delusional and their speaking out about the abuse they have face, by whatever communication method, is often seen as them making things up and over reacting
many disabled women are fetishised and seen as an outrageous ‘thing’ to fuck, but are not seen as human
disabled girls, especially physically disabled girls, do not live up to ideas of beauty in our society and often have extreme self esteem issues
disabled women and girls face more shit than you could ever know and I need you to understand
Ableism. Is. A. Feminist. Issue.
"All these young girls getting themselves pregnant"
Wow, self impregnating teenage girls, these men should be afraid, we as woman are evolving at alarming rates.
if you dont have a gay cousin then youre the gay cousin sorry to break it to you
but if none of your cousins have a gay cousin, then all of you are the gay cousin. Then you all have a gay cousin, so you aren’t necessarily a gay cousin. Then once again, you all don’t have a gay cousin.
You are all Schrodinger’s gay cousin, in a super positioned state of both being the gay cousin and not.